I am a pasta lover, I think in a past life I was probably Italian so the first recipe I am going to share with you is a biased one but one I love and know well. I also do know that if you follow the simple steps I give you with the exact ingredients I lay out you will not regret it.
All ingredients can be picked up at your local supermarket
- 1kg Boneless chicken
- 1 Lemon halved
- 2 tea spoons of Olive oil
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 finely chopped red onion
- 500g of tomato pasta sauce
- 2 cups of grated Mozzarella cheese
- 100g of chopped spinach leaves
- Preheat oven to 220C. Lightly grease a roasting pan. Place a wire rack into roasting pan. Trim excess fat from chicken. Discard neck. Rinse chicken (including cavity) under cold running water. Pat-dry with paper towels. Season cavity with salt and pepper.
- Gently squeeze the juice from half the lemon over chicken, rubbing juice into skin.
- Brush both sides of chicken with oil. Season chicken all over with salt and pepper. Place, breast-side up, onto rack in roasting pan. Roast for 1 hour or until juices run clear when chicken thigh is pierced with a skewer. Stand, covered, for 10 minutes
- Chop chicken into either dices or strips, dependent on your preference.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until just tender. Drain. Return to saucepan.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until tender. Add onion mixture, pasta sauce, chicken, 3/4 cup cheese and spinach to hot pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently until well combined.
- Spoon pasta mixture into a 7cm deep, 24cm x 19cm (base) baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and heated through. Serve.
This particular one serves 4. áDo enjoy and thank me later